Wednesday, 28 October 2009

a new bag and a sunset

Remember this bag? Well, over the last few days I've been making another one using an old pair of jeans.

I have to say here that these jeans were NOT mine. In fact, they didn't belong to anyone I know. I think I would have disowned the person who bought them, to say nothing of what would have been done to them if they actually wore them! :oD

This is the top part of the jeans so you can see what they looked like before I cut them up. The stripes went all the way down the legs - both legs! Yikes!



And here's what the bag looks like. I'm really pleased with the way it turned out.





And here's the base of the bag. It's a shame this is hidden, really. It's kinda cool! :o)



And now the sunset as seen out of our bedroom window at about 5pm today. Gorgeous!

2 comments:

  1. Very cute Anne! I like the strips of contrasting fabric. I have big stacks of jeans that I need to start using -- they're taking over my sewing room!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)