Monday, 28 September 2009

my next appointment

I go back to the Rheumatology department of the hospital tomorrow for my first check-up to see how things are going since I was diagnosed with psoriatic arthritis in May.

The list of things I can do now that I couldn't do in May is endless. Or rather, I could do them but not without pain.

I can reach up into the wall cupboards in the kitchen for the mugs, coffee and biscuits without climbing on a stool.

I can fasten my bra!

I can put my socks on.

I can knit.

I can drive my car. (I could always do this but, if I sat for too long, getting out of said car was a problem.)

I can sit and stand and sit and stand all night long at Singers' rehearsals without groaning!

I can get in and out of the bath when I have a shower. (I decided not to risk having baths as last time I had one, I nearly got permanently stuck in there! :oO)

There are more but that'll do for now.

Add into all that the fact that I go swimming 3 times a week and that I've lost 3" on my trouser size, I'm sure the doctor will be pleased with me. Go me! :o)

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like great progress from your diagnosis, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can reach for the crisps and put the dog's lead on too. Yay you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)