Saturday, 5 September 2009

meet Anastasia

Jo took some photos as I was sewing today so here's the story line of what I made today.


I started with these pieces of fabric:



Sewed the pink circle on first:



Then the brown followed by the yellow:



Then I pinned on the red:



and sewed it on:



Next the white:



Next I cut the blue ribbon:



and attached it:



Then I decided to fancy up the white bit:



And here's what we ended up with - meet Anastasia!



I know she doesn't have a face yet. I'm still trying to figure out how I'll do it. I'm tempted just to use coloured pencils to draw on some eyes and a mouth. Ooooh, or I could use some more of the fancy stitches on my sewing machine. Food for thought!

To finish, when I look at photos on the web of other people's sewing rooms I always think things like "I'm so jealous - I would love a sewing room like that". Well, Jo took this photo of my sewing room - I want one like that!! :oD

5 comments:

  1. Анастасия - она прекрасна!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Разве вы не говорите русский? Честное слово!

    I said that she is very beautiful. Real Russians might tell me that I said something completely different though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Apparently, your bit on this comment means:

    Unless you do not speak Russian? The word of honour!

    HA! Nutcase! :oD

    ReplyDelete
  4. The first bit makes perfect sense! I'll admit that the second bit is a little odd but what is the word of honour? Honestly! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)