Wednesday, 16 September 2009

making do and mending

First of all, let me say thanks for all the congratulatory comments on our 30th wedding anniversary. Douglas was quite touched by my blog post - silly old bear! :oD So thanks again. I really appreciate you taking the time to comment.

This afternoon I did some making do and mending.

First of all I'd bought what I thought was a long scarf in Asda's only to find when I got it home it wasn't a scarf but a big square. I decided to cut the square in half and then sew the 2 short edges together to make a scarf. I made the join a French seam so there'd be no exposed edges to annoy the back of my neck. I'm really pleased with the way it turned out!

My other mending job was to sort a pair of trousers which were too big for me. Since I've been swimming, I've lost size on my bum - unfortunately not a lot of weight has gone but I'll take loss of size, thanks! So I took the back seam of these trousers in by 3"!! Yep, THREE inches!! Go me!!

1 comment:

  1. Gosh 3 inches! Well done you!
    If you go for a rummage in your mums cupboard for embroidered linens I want to come too!

    Go for it girl, see what you can liberate.

    Love Fi x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)