Thursday, 3 September 2009

keep calm and carry on

As you saw from yesterday's post, I bought a wee book called "Keep Calm and Carry On". Its subtitle is "Good Advice for Hard Times". It's just full of little ditties and sayings meant to help us keep calm in the world we're living in today.

I haven't read through them all yet but one of my favourites so far is assigned to Jean Kerr. (I have no idea who Jean Kerr is. I wonder if she's famous somewhere and if it's only me who is unaware of her famousness? Probably!) Anyway, here's her ditty -

"If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs, it's just possible you haven't grasped the situation."

And this one reminds me of when we were about to venture into the new century. Do you remember all the warnings that computers would stop working at the stroke of midnight Dec 31, 1999 - Jan 1, 2000? Don't fly or try to move your money online just in case life as we know it comes to an end? All seems a bit daft now - mind you, it seemed daft to me at the time as well. This ditty sort of says it all.

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."

It's assigned to Charles M Schulz - Snoopy's dad! :oD

1 comment:

  1. Poor Australians though - they're going to be so nervous all the time!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)