Tuesday, 8 September 2009

I met a man today …

It's nearly 10 years since we moved back here from Inverness. For the last 5 years that we lived there, I worked in a fabric shop. There were several reps who came in regularly to try to sell their wares.

One of them - Ken - was always a bundle of laughs when he came in. He would always have a funny tale to tell or a joke to crack. No matter the weather or how bad the day felt, it was always better when Ken came in.

Well today, Jo and I were in our local fabric shop and who should be in the dress fabric department? Yep - Ken! It was amazing to see him after so many years. And he was the same as he'd always been. Daft! :oD

He told me I didn't look any different than I did when I worked in Inverness. I said he looked the same as well to which he replied "It's the drink!". Yep, as daft as ever.

I don't know why I remember this joke but I know it was Ken who told it to me.

Did you hear about the cannibal who came back from his holiday with half a leg missing? He'd gone self-catering.

It still makes me giggle! :oD

2 comments:

  1. No we weren't in a fabric shop. We're never in the fabric shop. We don't go anywhere where we can buy things and we wouldn't buy things even if we did! (Just in case Dad reads this!) Jx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)