Friday, 10 July 2009

mum's thumb 2

I phoned mum this morning to see how she was. She said she was fine and was managing everything quite well.

Because it was her right thumb she'd hurt - and she's right-handed - I had worried that she might have some problems but, other than not being able to fasten buttons, she said she had coped with everything else.

She then reminded me that, when she was first diagnosed with Parkinson's disease 8 years ago, her right side, including her hand, had been weak and so she'd become used to using her left hand for some things. Her PD meds sorted that to some extent but the skills she'd learnt then, she's just using again now.

I hope I'm as adept at 81 as my mum is!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)