Thursday, 18 June 2009

wow! it worked!

I've been messing trying to make a new background for my blog. I used the tutorial here which I played around with and made slightly different. (If the day ever comes when I follow a tutorial/recipe/sewing pattern word for word, watch out for blue snow!!)

Anyway, when I tried to upload it the other day it wouldn't work. No matter what I did, my wee starry bit and stripey bit wouldn't show up. Grrrr

So, tonight I tried again. I'm 99% certain I did everything the same as the other night but that 1% made all the difference because it worked. Woohoo!

I'm going to have to get rid of the balloons at the top because they don't quite go with the starry bit and the stripey bit and, if you know me even slightly, you'll know that I like things to match. Avatars, text colours *have* to match my siggies. Yes, it is sad! LOL

But in the meantime, I'm just going to admire the starry bit and the stripey bit and pat myself on the back for managing to get it to work!

2 comments:

  1. Pretty! I agree though - the balloons have to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job, what a sense of accomplishment! Learning to make backgrounds is on my list of things to do. Two years ago it was making siggies and blinkies, so 2011 will be my year! LOL.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)