Saturday, 13 June 2009

we're back!

We had a wonderful time in Ireland but are glad to be home. I have a ton of photos to load to the computer and then decide which ones will show off Ireland at its best. It might take a while but I will get to it in the next few days!

Breakfast this morning was back to the 2 slices of fruit loaf with marmalade and a mug of coffee. A HUGE difference to what we've been eating for breakfast in the last week - grapefruit segments, a glass of orange juice, a "full Irish breakfast" consisting of 2 slices of bacon, 2 sausages, a slice of white pudding, a slice of black pudding, (Douglas doesn't do white/black puddings so he got 3 sausages), beans/mushrooms and a fried egg followed by toast - 2 slices each - with butter and jam and a pot of coffee between us.

Crumbs! No wonder we didn't eat much for the rest of the day! Also, no wonder I didn't lose that half stone I was hoping to! Mind you, I didn't gain anything so that's not so bad!

3 comments:

  1. I'm hungry after reading that - need to go and get some tea!

    Glad you're back. Missed you!

    J x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see your pictures! I'm glad you and Douglas got back safely, you were very missed. :O)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you're home safe! Welcome back!! I'm looking forward to the photos too... xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)