Tuesday, 2 June 2009

slow but steady

I went swimming yesterday. It was my first time on my own and it was important to me that I enjoyed it or I'd start to find reasons not to go. I did enjoy it!

Maybe it was because there were only 3 other people in the part of the pool where I was - there were more swimming in the fast and slow lanes but in our wee bit there were only the 4 of us. Very nice.

I stayed in swimming for 20 minutes - a great improvement on last week when I could happily have stopped after about 5 minutes! My shoulders were much looser so I only stayed in the jacuzzi for about 5 minutes. Then showered, dressed and home.

It only took about an hour and 20 minutes so it's not exactly taking a lot of my time. Another bonus! If it took hours to get there, swim and get back, I think I'd think twice about going.

I've told myself not to expect miracles. I can't expect things to right themselves in a week or even a month. I HAVE to take things slowly but steadily and then, hopefully, I'll be able to look back at how I am now and think "Yikes! I remember when I looked/felt like that! I'm much better now."

Not being too patient, I want that looking back time to happen soon! :o)

1 comment:

  1. Good for you!! I'm hoping to look back soon too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)