Wednesday, 8 April 2009

marmalade

I finally persuaded mum that, at 80 and counting, it might be time to stop making jam and marmalade. Not because she can't make it but more because of the heat of the liquid in that huge pan! It doesn't bear thinking about!

So, this afternoon I'm going to make some marmalade. It has to be this afternoon because the pulp has to soak for 24 hours and I did all the pulping yesterday afternoon.

The recipe I'm using is my Granny's recipe - Dad's mum. My mum has been making this marmalade for as long as I can remember and probably longer. That's at least 53 years of mum using her MIL's marmalade recipe. Not too shabby!

Anyway, I've been making jam since we got married so I'm sure I can make marmalade. And the idea of carrying on the tradition for another generation makes me happy, for some reason.

If it turns out well, I'll post photos. If not, I'll deny all knowledge of any marmalade making plans! :oD

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)