Friday, 27 February 2009

it's a pain!

I was at the doctor this morning to see if I could get answers as to why I'm still in pain all the time. It's mostly in my arms and the tops of my legs - it's amazing how much you can't do if your arms won't lift!

Dr B was a bit worried at the lack of movement in my left arm - I couldn't even lift my hand to my nose! - so he told me he wanted to get blood taken and tested for arthritis. Apparently arthritis can be linked to psoriasis which I have a mild case of. (Ooooh, never end a sentence with a preposition!!)

I went to make an appointment with the bloodsucking nurse and she had a space in 10 minutes so back to the waiting room I went. (Side note - the scary man who'd been talking to himself whilst I was waiting for the doctor had gone. Phew! He was freaky!!!)

Anyway, off to the nurse and she finally found a vein and drew 3 tubies of blood from me. Now I just have to wait for the results.

Or maybe not! Joanna looked up arthritis on the internet looking for one that might have symptoms like mine. Well, she came up with one called "poly myalgia rheumatica" - PMR for short. Literally it means "many aching muscles". Practically every symptom she read out, I'd say "yep, that's me".

I realise that it might not be PMR that I have but I'm sort of hoping it is. Why? Because it's curable! And, better than that, it seems to be a quick thing to sort. Relief in 24 to 48 hours sounds fabulous to me!

So, I have to wait 2 weeks to go back to the doc to discuss the results. Whether it's PMR or not, I hope he has answers for me because it's a pain being in pain!!

3 comments:

  1. Poor Mummy! I hope you feel better soon!
    Big hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you're not feeling well! I hope you get quick answers & quick relief!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you feel better soon!

    If it is PMR then I will be the best diagnostician in the world!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)