Monday, 2 February 2009

I don't want to be a dog!

This morning, as Rosie ...

and I were waving Douglas off at the living room window, I was stroking her back as she cries when daddy leaves. When he had gone, I took a hold of her ears, tucked them under her chin and put my nose to her nose, stared into her eyes and told her he'd be back soon enough.

That's when the thought struck me that I don't think I'd want to be a dog if somebody's going to take a hold of my ears and tuck them under my chin! Even the constant stroking on my back and patting my head would get annoying, I'm sure.

But the thing that definitely puts me off the idea of being a dog is the way I would have to greet others of my species! blech

1 comment:

  1. I don't want to be a dog either. I'd much rather have opposable thumbs and be able to open the biscuit tin for myself! As well as the bum thing, there's the whole shouting at anyone that looks kinda like you in the street or on the tv thing. Weird!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)