Friday, 26 December 2008

tablet

Angela asked about tablet so I thought I'd give the recipe. The photo is not that great but it was the last piece in the box - which I ate after I photographed it! :oD

And here is a photo of a brand new trayful. It didn't last long either! :oD

TABLET

½ cup milk
1lb sugar
2 tbsp syrup
knob of butter - about the size of a walnut

Put in pan and melt SLOWLY until sugar is dissolved. Bring to boil and boil until it reaches “soft ball” on a sugar thermometer. Remove from heat and beat with an electric beater for about 2 - 2½ mins. Put into a greased baking tray. Cut while still warm.

This is kind of a hit and a miss recipe. I’ve been making it for years and it still sometimes won’t set. I just scrape it all back into the pan and reheat it to the right temperature and do it all again.

If it sets before it even gets out of the pan - no worries. It still tastes good even if it looks ugly! LOL

1 comment:

  1. You'll have to make another batch so that we can take another photo. And I'm pretty sure that the next batch won't yield a good picture either - so we'll have to make some more. Shame.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)