Wednesday, 31 December 2008

Happy Hogmanay!

It's the last day of the year - or Hogmanay as we call it in Scotland.

Time to think about the things you wanted to do in 2008 but never quite got round to doing - like tidying out all the drawers in the house. Yes, sad as I am, that was one of the things I thought I'd do in 2008 and, yes, I didn't do it! I wonder if I should put it on the list of things to do in 2009? Naw, maybe not. Sometimes you just have to learn not to put pressure on yourself. :oD

I was reading so-called celebs' New Year's resolutions for 2009 and one of them said his was the same as it had been since 1985 - to learn to speak French. 1985?? That's been your resolution for 24 years? For peep's sake! If you haven't done it yet, I doubt you're going to manage it in 2009. What a numpty!

Happy New Year to one and all! :o)

3 comments:

  1. Happy New Year, Anne!!

    (it's Amy from Ivillage, CL of 1st, 2nd, 3rd Grade.)

    ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What did we count - 61 drawers? Good luck with that. (You will meet an old man and must pay him 40 drachma...)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)