Tuesday, 23 December 2008

coming to terms

We're sort of coming to terms with the idea that Debbie won't be home for Christmas. I have no doubt that Joanna and I will cry a lot - at the drop of the proverbial hat - but at least we have homemade fudge and tablet to try and cheer ourselves up with. (Note to self - make more tablet tomorrow to replace the stuff we cheered ourselves up with today!)

I suggested to Debs that she should wait and come home in February for her dad's birthday and I think she might go for that. She even went as far as pricing the flights and it's about 1/4 of the cost in February. So we'd get her home, more presents, more food, another Christmas and it won't cost as much! My kind of plan!

In the meantime, we'll chat to her on the iChat - she looked much better today after a l-o-n-g sleep than she did yesterday - and we'll eat her share of the turkey and trimmings and try to get through all that Coke. I don't think I'll step on the scales for a very long time!

6 comments:

  1. Food (and coke) eaten to cheer yourself up doesn't have any calories. Especially chipolatas!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's one of those little known facts. Much like the fact that broken biscuits contain no calories, birthday food contains no calories and food eaten when no-one can see or hear you definitely has no calories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about your daughter. My son isn't coming home this year either, but under different circumstances. I know you wil miss her dreadfully, but you have February to look forward to.

    Hugs.

    P.S. Food that isn't properly prepared (i.e. cookies with a little too much brown on the bottom) have no calories either. No fair having calories count against you when the food isn't perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, Anne. I'm so sorry that Deb won't be home for Christmas. *hugs* to you and I hope you still have a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know how you feel as my son is in Afghanistan for the second Christmas running. Don't worry we'll look after Debs for you. She ate a good meal tonight (8 of us had an early turkey dinner here) and she knows she is more than welcome to share Christmas day with us (us being Ange and Jeff)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)