Wednesday, 24 December 2008

Christmas Eve

Well it's Christmas Eve and Joanna and I had to peel all the vegetables without Debbie's help. She is chief sprout peeler and crosser - as in cutting the cross at the top - but she was missing. Not here. Still in the land covered in snow and ice.

Joanna did the sprouts but told me she'd never done them before as it had always been Debbie's job. How amazing is that? That, through all the years since they've been old enough to help with the veg preparation, Debbie always did the sprouts! I don't know why it surprises me but it does!

And now all the veg are in the kitchen ready to be cooked tomorrow. The turkey is in the utility defrosting and the meringues for the "maybe pudding" - ie we'll have them if we have room for pudding (which I doubt very much) - are in the oven drying out. I MUST remember to take them out before I fire up the oven for the turkey!!

So, we're all ready - or as ready as we'll ever be. Now we just have to wait for Santa. We've been following him on the Norad site - so cool!

And, finally, just for laughs, I saw this Irn Bru ad on telly today and it made me giggle - as usual. It shows the Scots sense of humour perfectly!

I don't know if I'll blog tomorrow so to anyone reading this - have a very Merry Christmas.

3 comments:

  1. Santa has just arrived in Europe!!

    I saw the IrnBru ad this morning too (prob because we were watching the same prog!) and I giggled from start to finish. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that Irn Bru ad! So funny!
    Jo's never done sprouts?! Well, my goodness!
    Sounds like the kitchen is all prepared for tomorrow! Enjoy!!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anne- what is tablet? if it is anything like fudge, I must get the recipe! Love the blog too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)