Wednesday, 8 October 2008

results are in

My backache is just that - backache. It's nothing to do with my hips or legs or any of the horrors my mind imagined. It's "just" backache. Arthritic wear and tear according to the doctor. The solution is to take paracetomols - I can never remember how to spell that - and a visit to a chiropractor.

When I said "and losing some weight would help" the doctor said "yes, absolutely" going on to say that they (docs) no longer tell people to lose weight as they were being verbally abused so often when they did so. How stupid is that? Honestly! If you're overweight and losing weight would help your predicament, surely it's best to be told? Maybe some people refuse to acknowledge that they're overweight! Nutters!

Anyway - lose weight, go swimming to exercise without straining my back and take painkillers when it gets too bad. I can do that. I will do that. I don't want to live in pain so if that's what it takes, I'll do it.

Wish me luck because it's not going to be easy. Let's face it - it's taken me 30 years to get to this weight. I wonder how long it will take me to get rid of it?

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)