Wednesday, 15 October 2008

chiropractor update

It's the muscle in my right leg which has been "damaged" in some way and so the rest of my muscles have been trying to help it do its job. She did a deep massage on the muscle today and kept saying things like "oooh, that's bound to be hurting" and sucking in her breath and saying "oh, it's bad in there" quickly followed by "but we'll get it sorted for you".

She also made my back pop in several places - I didn't hear it but she did. Again, those places were where the muscles had been trying to help out and got themselves all tied in knots because of it! That was why my chest muscles were so sore last week and my arms and my shoulders - and so on and so on!

My leg feels a lot better now but I don't know if that's just because she was working on it and it might go back to being painful again. Who knows? I've to go back on Friday and then Monday and for another couple of times as well and we'll see how things go from there.

No exercise of any kind - even swimming - until we get me working properly and properly balanced and then she'll give me exercises to do. Meanwhile, rest as much as I can! And don't beat myself up if I don't lose any more weight in the near future - more important to get this muscle working properly. She said losing weight will not affect its workability. She said it was better to be as "normal" as possible.

I didn't like to tell her that I don't know if I could ever be described as "normal"! :oD

2 comments:

  1. Normal people don't cheat! So no, I don't think you can say you're normal!! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who aspires to be normal?!

    Hope you feel better soon!

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)