Thursday, 28 August 2008

Paris

Douglas and I were in Paris last weekend. Here are just some of the 686 photos we took. Enjoy!

The Arc de Triomphe

St. Chapelle

Eiffel Tower

Eiffel Tower at dusk as the beam of light came round at the top.

Eiffel Tower

The foundations they found when excavating to build the pyramid at the Louvre.

Les Invalides where Napoleon is buried.

The inverted pyramid at the Louvre.

One of the courtyards of the Louvre

A memorial to the millions of people deported during WW2.

Musée D'Orsay.

Notre Dame from the back.

Notre Dame from the side.

Notre Dame - inside.

The courtyard of the Palais Royale.

The pyramid at the Louvre.

The pyramid at the Louvre just after dark when it was lighting up.

The tomb of the unknown soldier underneath the Arc de Triomphe

Mona Lisa - not the greatest photo but she's behind glass.

Rodin's Kiss

Rodin's Thinker

Venus de Milo

Yeah.

One of the entrances to the Metro all done up for the Millenium.

Just one of the stalls on the Left Bank.

Silver Balls!

The view up the Champs Elysées

The Luxembourg Gardens

The Luxembourg Gardens

Palais Royale Gardens

Palais Royale Gardens

A roof garden seen from the top of the Arc de Triomphe

Trees at La Place de la Concorde

View of the Arc de la Defense from the top of the Arc de Triomphe

The view down the Champs Elysées in the rain!

View of the Eiffel Tower from the top of the Arc de Triomphe

Closer view of the Arc de la Defense

View of the Obelisk and Arcs from the Tuileries Gardens

View of the sun shining on the Louvre from the top of the Arc de Triomphe

The River Seine

The huge doors, usually of apartment buildings, really caught my eye. Here are just a few that I took photos of.

Anyone who knows me knows I love to giggle irreverently at anything and everything. Here are a few things that made me giggle in Paris.

Fan of Friends? Big head, big head, big head!

I'm sure they don't have as many blisters as I had!

A boat for pigeons!

No the photo is not backwards!

This guy is worried his deodorant isn't working!

And these guys made me literally laugh out loud. I think they've just been told that size matters so they're inspecting their - em - wares.

And this poor chap has already inspected his and is devastated!

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha...I SO agree about the grass. I'll make sure I show Eric that comment! :O) Wow...it must've taken you forver to load all these pics! LOVE em!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great eye you have!! It blows my mind to think that those amazingly huge and intriquite doors are a part of their every day lives! You don't see anything like that here in Oklahoma! (in case you are wondering who I am, I've posted some, but mainly just lurk on the SMFB board!)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)